We are all born with free will, so we are free to choose whatever it is that we want to eat, drink or think. Make food choices that honor “you.” Healthy foods that feed your mind, body and spirit will always work to promote a healing body.
Sometimes we need to make decisions that we don’t always want to make. For instance, I would love nothing better than to buy organic fruits and veggies all the time, but sometimes the kids need a new pair of shoes…or maybe the money is earmarked for tuition or braces. Irregardless of those needs being necessary or just nice, there are times when I must watch my budget more than usual. Instead of being forced to not buy something because it is too expensive, I now make some of those purchasing decisions by factoring in some already known data about produce.
The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has compiled an amazing website that very easily lays out the chemical analysis of every single thing you wanted to know about. Do you ever sit and wonder about what may be in your kids’ favorite cereal, or the sun protection that they regularly wear? Do you worry about what is inside your make-up, or laundry detergent? Then I am glad to tell you that EWG.org is THE place to go for the information you need. They have consumer guides to cover food, personal products, filtered water, cleaning products, and anything else that may be keeping you up at night. My new favorites on the EWG website are their Clean 15 and their Dirty Dozen lists. If you are armed with the basic information from both of these groups, you can be assured of spending your money wisely.
The Clean 15 are 15 specific items of produce that do not test positive for dangerous amounts of chemicals, so they deem them better than other produce. In some instances, the outer skin of the produce naturally prevents chemicals from penetrating through to the fruit or vegetable, or perhaps their growing is not so reliant on weed killers and fertilizers. In any event, because the likelihood of pesticides would be so limited, you can feel pretty comfortable purchasing them from just about anywhere, so they DO NOT HAVE TO BE ORGANIC.
The CLEAN 15 are as follows:
- Sweet potatoes
- Sweet peas (frozen)
- Sweet corn
The Dirty Dozen
The Dirty Dozen, on the other hand, are the produce items that you should ALWAYS BUY ORGANIC, because they almost always are sprayed with pesticides and fertilizers. In addition to the Dirty Dozen, are two additional American food crops that have concerns to the public health; they are leafy greens and hot peppers. This is because residue tests conducted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture have found these foods to also be laced with particularly toxic pesticides. Again, I would encourage you to ALWAYS BUY ORGANIC for these chemically laden items.
THE DIRTY DOZEN ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Sweet bell peppers
- Nectarines (imported)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Snap peas (imported)
- Leafy Greens
- Hot Peppers
Once you have the general idea of what all those fruits and vegetables are on both lists, you might find that your shopping and budgeting can become easier to manage. This will ensure that you are feeding your family the best foods, for the best money.
In conclusion, you have to do what is in the best interest of your family. Try to remember what items are on these two lists, so you can use them as the foundation for your shopping. Then you will be prepared when you go to the grocery store or at the local farmers market. Better yet, most of these things can easily be grown in most parts of the country. This might be a good time to think about putting in a small garden plot in your yard; or maybe you could buy into a local community garden.
If you don’t have the space or can’t imagine putting in a small garden, perhaps you might think about growing some tomatoes, strawberries and peppers in containers in your backyard, patio or deck. There is something absolutely amazing about biting into freshly-picked tomatoes or strawberries, especially when they were grown with your own two hands.
FOOD IS LOVE, SO LOVE YOUR FOOD.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON EWG OR PRODUCE, PLEASE CHECK OUT THE LINKS BELOW:
What is the Budwig Protocol? It is a cancer protocol that was developed by Dr. Johanna Budwig (1908 – 2003), a German pharmacologist, chemist and physicist with a doctorate in physics. In the 1950s she developed a specific recipe of cottage cheese, or as she called it, “quark” and organic flaxseed oil. Specific quantities are blended together until the two products become “one.” Dr Budwig discovered that the chemical reaction produced at that point made the oil “water-soluble,” which becomes more easily absorbed into the cell membrane. This would normally be administered daily, along with other dietary changes/restrictions like no animal fats, no low-grade vegetable oils, no meat, no butter or margarine, and no sugar. Like other programs that emphasize eating foods in their natural state, the basic rule with the Budwig diet is “If God made it, then its fine!”
Does this protocol work on other conditions? Along with working to heal persons with cancer, they report at the Budwig Center that the Budwig diet has been successfully helping people with arthritis, asthma, fibromyalgia, diabetes, blood pressure issues, multiple sclerosis, heart disease, psoriasis, eczema, acne and other chronic conditions. To be honest, when I was sick I never knew or cared about other conditions that her protocol cured. I was only in my little “bubble” of fear and anxiety. What I have learned since that time, is that Dr. Budwig has said in her books that her healing plan works on “improving the overall cells of the body.” It does not matter where the diseased cells are located, or even what name is given to your illness, because the Budwig program addresses the basic cause of the illness in the first place. Personally, I do not find this unreasonable sounding at all! She just seemed like a really great woman, and doctor, and I am truly sorry that I never got to tell her how much “I” appreciated her protocol during my time of crisis.
The directions for the basic protocol are as follows:
- 2 Tbsp of freshly ground flaxseeds, ground in a coffee grinder. NOTE: Do not use already ground flaxseeds, as they will be rancid! ALSO, make sure that you eat your flaxseeds within 20 minutes of grinding, or they will not work!
- Mix the flaxseeds with 1 tsp of raw, unpasteurized honey. I just mix it with a spoon, in a cereal bowl.
- For every 1 Tbsp of flaxseed oil, you need 2 Tbsp of low-fat cottage cheese. Mix 2-3 Tbsp of organic flaxseed oil and 4-6 Tbsp of low-fat, organic cottage cheese together using a hand-held immersion blender. It mixes best when you add 1-2 Tbsp of milk, as the mixture is too thick otherwise. REMEMBER: It is adequately mixed when everything is of equal consistency and there are no strands of oil showing, and no clumps of cottage cheese. NOTE: The cottage cheese MUST have some fat in it, so do not buy fat-free or it will not work correctly.
- Dr. Budwig encouraged people to add fresh fruit or unsweetened applesauce, along with some cinnamon to make it taste better. NOTE: I cannot eat the mixture by itself because it is too oily for me to stomach, so I turn it into a parfait each time. I layer it in the cereal bowl, with the honey/flaxseed mixture on the bottom; then I add 1/2 to 1 cup of fresh fruit (peaches, strawberries and blueberries is my favorite!). Over this, I pour the cottage cheese/oil emulsion; and then I top it all off with ground cinnamon, walnuts and sometimes I add some dried cranberries. It’s delicious!
- Eat it within 20 minutes, as the cancer-fighting properties will expire. ALSO: Flaxseed oil has an expiration date and MUST be kept in the refrigerator. Any other oil will not work!
How often do I eat the mixture? Dr. Budwig would say that you should eat it a minimum of one time per day, and encouraged ill patients to have it two times per day. I ate this every morning as a healthy breakfast. Now, post-cancer, I still have it; although, I do not have it every day.
How much does this cost? Literally pennies a day. The oil is the most expensive thing, and can cost you $20-$30 for a bottle at health food stores.
Why is this not talked about by doctors? This is one of those crazy cancer stories that gets deliberately distorted by people who are in the mainstream medical profession. For as many “good” testimonials that you find on-line, you can find an equal amount of negative ones. It is widely known that Dr. Budwig met with many doctors, to discuss her findings, but they only wanted to be involved if they could turn it into a profitable business venture. This goes against everything that Dr. Budwig stood for.
Where can I learn more about this? I have listed a few links that you can check out below, but feel free to go on-line and do some research yourself. Dr. Budwig wrote several books that can educate you further about her cancer protocols, which also were helpful for other disease conditions. Also, I have a link to a Youtube video that will walk you through the entire history of her analysis of disease, what causes it, and what she recommends to cure it.
For more information, please feel free to check out the links below:
So what’s the deal with sugar? For me, the biggest change that I made when I found out I had cancer was to stop eating foods with sugar in them. Somewhere along the line, I learned that “sugar feeds cancer,” but it wasn’t from my doctor. I learned about it after reading books on nutrition and how it can be used to heal from cancer. Armed with that knowledge, I began a crusade of eliminating sugar from my diet. When I was in the middle of my Lymphoma struggle, I really had no problem with this. My goal was to stay alive for my family, so this was an easy battle to me. It only became a problem afterwards, when I was healthy. Then I found it to be hard…really, really hard! On one hand, you are so happy to be alive; and on the other hand, you can’t believe that you can’t eat as many chocolate chip cookies and ice cream as you want! It is a constant thought that I have…not obsessive, mind you; it is more of a general “awareness” that I have. I now pay more attention to high-carb or sugary-laden anything, and I don’t just ingest it “willy nilly,” like I did when I didn’t know better.
What’s the background on sugar? Glucose, more commonly called sugar, is an important energy source that is needed by all the cells and organs of our bodies. Glucose comes from all the different foods that we eat. Carbohydrates such as fruit, breads, pasta, and cereals are all common sources of glucose. These foods are broken down into sugar in our stomachs, and then absorbed into the bloodstream.
An increasing number of medical scientists, along with many alternative practitioners, have learned that the most logical, effective, safe, necessary, and inexpensive way to treat cancer is to cut off the supply of its food (glucose) to tumors and cancer cells. The selective starvation of tumors, by modifying one’s diet, is one of the principle forms of therapy that many cancer patients are using to increase their chances of survival.
Ways to decrease sugar in your diet are varied, and some are easier than others. For some people, it means that they will no longer eat any sugary-laden sweets or drink sodas and other sugary beverages. For others, it might mean that they are going to stop eating all the sugary foods and beverages that they used to enjoy, but they also plan to decrease the amounts of fruits that they eat and increase their consumption of vegetables and lean sources of protein. On the other end of that spectrum is the Ketogenic Diet, where you are in a constant state of ketosis all the time.
Ketosis is when your body doesn’t have enough glucose available to use as energy, so it switches into a state where molecules called ketones are generated during fat metabolism. All cells, including cancer cells, are fueled by glucose. If you deprive them of glucose, they switch to the alternate fuel, ketone bodies. The interesting thing about how it relates to cancer is that cancer cells have a defect that prevents them from making the switch to using ketone bodies as fuel. Since all other cells use glucose or ketone bodies, this diet starves cancer of their glucose…their fuel.
The Ketogenic Diet consists of almost no carbohydrates, but includes lots of natural proteins and fats. The diet focuses on clean eating, with no sugars, salts and chemicals. Meats are in their natural form, and are not processed like cold cuts and hot dogs.
So what can I do about my sugar intake? Many experts are starting to realize that we need to take a more holistic, long-term approach to cancer, and to pay closer attention to the overall health of patients suffering from disease. Getting to the root of underlying health issues like obesity, unbalanced hormones, chronic stress, and inflammation of all sorts can cause a body to get out of homeostasis. Using proven strategies such as nutrition, exercise, stress management, and targeted supplements can reduce inflammation and boost immunity, which can reduce the risk of cancer.
Common sense says that it is advisable to find a balanced way to approach sugar consumption and your own health. Exercise, eating a healthy diet, taking vitamins and supplements, and learning about how to reduce stress and inflammation are all positive changes you can start to make immediately. If you do not know where to begin, you may want to start with your doctor or naturopath to get some lab tests done to help you see where you are on the health spectrum.
In closing, reducing sugar is good for reducing weight and eliminating other risk factors associated with negative health. That being said, it obviously would seem to be one of those good things to do for “you!” .
Check out these links to learn more about this subject:
Herbal medicine, also referred to as botanical or phytomedicine, is the process of using all parts of plants (seeds, berries, roots, leaves, bark, and flowers) for medicinal purposes. Someone who would understand the ways of herbal medicine would be a naturopathic doctor, who is trained in the same way that an allopathic doctor would be, but also combines the wisdom of nature into their healing methods. A naturopathic physician helps people by facilitating the body’s inherent ability to restore and maintain optimal health. This is in stark contrast to an allopathic physician, who tends to rely on pharmaceutical drugs to mask or treat symptoms. Learning how to use herbal medicines to treat minor deficiencies, before they turn into larger-scale health problems, can give you more power over your own health care.
For generations before us, our ancestors used herbs to bring our bodies back into homeostasis, ensuring that members of their tribe, clan, community, or family stayed healthy. Emphasis was always on holistic methods that did not suppress annoying symptoms and conditions, but worked at building a healthier immune system, gut and mind.
Scientists have found that certain foods, including some herbs and spices, contain phytochemicals, which can affect our bodies biologically. Through their ability to stimulate the immune system, they have learned that these phytochemicals can also aid in helping to keep cancer at bay. The nice thing about the particular herbs and spices that seem to help in the area of cancer, are that they can also help to spice up your everyday food and keep you happy at the same time. A little pinch of “this,” or a half teaspoon of “that” might be all that you need to help bring your body into a better state of wellness. There is no reason to think that all bodies could not benefit from including extra herbs in their diet.
These are a few of the favorites that I use:
- TURMERIC – The spice turmeric contains curcumin, which is one of the most powerful anti-inflammatories used. Cancer tumors have a network of blood vessels that feed them, and curcumin can work against these blood vessels and essentially choke the cancer cells to death. Curcumin supplements provide curcumin in good amounts, but it can still be difficult to absorb. Mixing tumeric with black pepper and a healthy fat (coconut or olive oil) can activate curcumin’s power, turning it into a powerhouse of health. A teaspoon or two of turmeric can be added to your soups, fresh vegetables, stews, and curries.
- GINGER – This is another key spice for aiding in building your immune system. Fresh ginger contains gingerol, and dried ginger forms zingerone; both have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Not only is ginger useful for digestion and motion sickness, but it actually can cause tumor cells to “commit suicide” by destroying themselves, yet leaving the surrounding healthy cells untouched. Ginger is anti-viral, and is a powerful anti-inflammatory that is used to help with pain caused by inflammation. Including fresh grated or sliced ginger in hot water can create a healthy tea that can help you stave off symptoms of cold and flu. Add ginger to rice, fish, vegetables, stews, and soups; or include the candied version in something tasty and sweet for your family.
- GARLIC – Garlic is an allium vegetable, along with onions, shallots, scallions, and leeks. Allium vegetables are reported to help prevent cancer, especially of the stomach. Allium vegetables contain organosulfur compounds, which have have immune-strengthening and anti-carcinogenic qualities. Garlic is a versatile cooking essential and can be included in meals throughout the day. Sautéed in olive oil, it can be the beginning of savory egg dishes, homemade soups, stews, and delicious sauces that your whole family can enjoy. The favorite way that my family enjoys eating it, is by baking it in the oven and then spreading it on crusty bread…yummy!
- CAYENNE – Cayenne contains capsaicin, which is known to be a powerful antioxidant that is toxic to cancer cells. Capsaicin acts as a vasodilator, or blood vessel expander, which is important for promoting circulation. It is used to help with pain management, causing the brain to focus on the “heat pain” that it gives, and less on other aches and pains that you may have. In addition to fighting cancer, cayenne pepper can be added to many foods that require some extra “heat.” I would be remiss if I did not include a blurb about its safety. Cayenne must be handled with care, and it is encouraged that you wear gloves. Do not use this spice without caution, as a little bit of this heat can cause extreme discomfort to those who are not prepared for its intensity.
- OREGANO – Oregano contains carvacrol, which has been shown to induce apoptosis (cell destruction) in cancer cells. It is thought that carvacrol may help offset the spread of cancer cells by working as a natural disinfectant. Carvacrol is also present in marjoram, mint, thyme, basil, and parsley. Marinating your meats and other grilled foods with oregano may also reduce the formation of heterocyclic amines (HCAs), which are created when they are cooked at high temperatures. Oregano can easily be added to marinades, pizza, sauces, pasta, and vegetables.
- ROSEMARY – The two key ingredients in Rosemary are caffeic acid and rosemarinic acid; both potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agents, which help protect the body’s cells from damage by free radicals. Rich in carnosol, Rosemary has been found to detoxify substances that can initiate the breast-cancer process. It is also a rich source of vitamin E, which is another powerful antioxidant. Like oregano, it can easily be added to the family-friendly meals that you eat all the time.
These are a few of the healthy herbs that seem to be easily integrated into my life, and into the life my family. These natural products are best ingested through eating them in their natural state, but you can benefit from purchasing these all in a pill, capsule or oil format. I encourage you to experiment with foods first, but know that you can buy quality supplements in many health food stores and online.
Listing of references for further review:
How many times a week do you stop and get convenience food for you or someone in your family? We live in such a fast paced, hectic world, where we run from one place to another, sacrificing our health, and those we love dearest, because we don’t have time to stop off at home and eat a good meal. Do you find yourself cutting food corners because you are too busy running your kids from piano lessons to soccer, or to baseball? Is your work preventing you from eating a healthy, well-balanced meal? Maybe you eat out at lunch every day, or you quick grab a soda and a candy bar from the vending machine, vowing to eat something healthier later. Your body is probably screaming out to be fed something nutritious and you didn’t even know it.
What if I were to tell you about a wonderful way that you could start to increase your fruits and vegetables, starting immediately? The beauty of this healthy tip that I want to tell you about, is that it is so easy to incorporate into your lifestyle…anyone can do it! What you put into your body is one of the most important things in the battle to fight and prevent cancer. Too often, the prepackaged stuff that we call “food” is not supporting our bodies in a way that encourages them to heal themselves. Many of us don’t even know that we are deficient in the basic nutrients that our bodies need. One of the biggest things to learn about cancer is that it’s anaerobic, which means that it only lives where there is little or no oxygen. Exercise can get your blood moving and increase your oxygen, but another way to do this is to start juicing, daily if possible.
You might be asking yourself, “But isn’t this difficult?” I’m here to tell you that it is one of the simplest things that you can do and you will start to feel better immediately. For your information, juicing can be as complicated, or as easy, as you would like it to be. I first started juicing when I purchased my Jack Lalane juicer, which I still use and really enjoy. At the time, it was about $130 and it is fairly simple to use. I learned that kale and dark greens were full of oxygen, so I started with that as my main focus, and then I included apples, berries, carrots, beets (and their greens), ginger root, etc. Whatever I had on hand was what I put into the juicer, and I loved the flexibility of coming up with fun and interesting recipes. Unfortunately, sometimes I do not care for the mess of the machine, which always is a small production to clean.
After I did that for a while, my sister told me of this wonderful book called Green for Life (I put a link at the end of this page). It went over all the details for blending greens in your kitchen blender, as well as educating me on all the wonderful ways that you could make beverages that tickled the taste buds of anyone. Plus, it was so much easier than the other one that I became a blender-juicing addict, and now I almost always make it a part of my daily routine.
Juicing in your blender is such an easy way to enrich your body with the most oxygenated foods that feed your body, fight off cancer and help clear out your digestive system. The basic recipe is that you fill your blender up with two cups of water, then you add a handful or two of good greens (my favorite is kale, but I’ll take spinach, romaine, arugula, etc.) and blend it till it’s liquified. Then, you just add whatever else you like. I like the flavor of citrus, so I usually throw in a grapefruit, orange, or lemon, and then I might add some berries, a cored apple, or a banana. Then you blend it all up so that it is incorporated as well as possible and drink up throughout the day. The book says that you can use the same batch all throughout the next day, but the nutritional value starts to diminish and it isn’t as potent, so I always try to drink it up on the first day.
Each morning I make a full blender of “sludge,” which is my affectionate name for this green concoction. It’ very green and looks like you could probably feed it to cattle, which often gets strange looks from my co-workers and family members. I drink at least one cup of it while I’m getting ready to go to work, and then I take along a good sized bottle full of it with me, so I can drink it throughout the day. Sometimes I leave the remainder in the blender pitcher at home and then I drink it up when I get home. It’s a healthy pick-me-up treat that gives me lots of energy. Plus, I absolutely love” the taste of it! As soon as I drink it up, I know that it’s getting into my cells and storming around, kicking out anything that shouldn’t be there. I almost can see the sludge coursing through my body, setting the foundation for some serious anti-cancer butt-kicking!
Sometimes, just for added nutrition, I’ll add a teaspoon of turmeric (circumin) to the drink, along with a shake of black pepper(see my link at the end of this page). Turmeric has a host of wonderful anti-inflammatory benefits that will only add to your health experience. It is one of those spices have been known to assist with fighting cancer, and I make a point of having it several times a day in my juice and in my teas. I’m a six-year survivor, and I have no intention of ever going down that frightening path again. If mixing a little Turmeric into my morning “sludge” is going to help me out, then believe me, I’m going to do it. Plus, if you combine it with a healthy fat and some ground black pepper, it increases the healing properties by several hundred times. That’s a massive “big plus” for me!
Other things that I like to add to my blender or juiced beverages are Aloe Vera Juice, psyllium hulls, flax and/or chia seeds, and flax seed oil. While I’m drinking it up, I’m also downing my early morning vitamin regimen, which makes me feel like a million bucks too!
If you don’t have a juicer, you can get by with using your blender. Just remember that a blender cannot juice things like beets and carrots, as they will probably break it. You can find a nicer mixer that will do that, but the cost does go up several hundred dollars. Make it a point to pick up some greens at the supermarket and start going on the offensive with your prevention and recovery. If you can, get organic produce over the rest. Better yet, grow your own, or get yourself down to your local farmers market if you have one.
Kick Cancer in the butt with green juice!
Is there anything quite as sexy as a healthy liver? You may be thinking that I slipped on a banana peel in my kitchen; or perhaps I am feeling a bit “touched” right now from all the holidays, but I assure you that I am quite fine. It’s just that the liver is such an incredibly necessary part of a healthy body system, but people just don’t give it the love that it needs. Talking about your liver is about as goofy as telling someone you just met about the color of your poop. Um, yeah…it’s kinda weird!
The liver’s main function is to clear your blood of waste products, hormones, drugs and other toxins. It also aids in the digestion process by releasing bile salts to break down all those different foods that we love. It is an integral body system that is designed to work in harmony with all your other body systems. When your liver is not working correctly, it affects your health in all sorts of negative ways. Someone with liver problems may experience varying degrees of diarrhea, fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite, and even jaundice. More severe problems could be non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, alcohol-related liver disease, hepatitis, cirrhosis, and even cancer. The super cool thing about the liver is that it can actually regenerate itself, but that’s only if you don’t let liver troubles get too advanced. The tipping point is when healthy liver tissue is replaced with scarred, nonfunctional tissue. That is when any kind of regeneration will be difficult or nonexistent.
Personally, I like to think of the liver as a great big sponge. It is constantly working for you by digesting foods, making important proteins that that are secreted into the blood, and filtering out all the bad stuff that you ate, drank or were exposed to without even knowing about it.
Care and maintenance of your liver can be difficult, especially if you live a life that includes excessive alcohol, smoking, as well as all forms of drugs. Other problems come from too much soda, chemically treated produce, and meat and dairy products that were brought up on poor quality or genetically modified foods. We also live in a time where it is very customary to slather chemicals on our bodies, not giving a thought to what might actually be in the products that we are using. On top of that, many of us live in homes that are filled with toxic chemicals that we don’t even think about. Furniture and carpeting are made with incredible amounts of chemicals that makes them fire retardant. Every time you sit down, these chemicals puff up out of the furniture and settle in your house somewhere. These same chemicals can be found in your insulation and carpet padding as well, so you can’t help but be exposed to them. Unless you make the conscious decision to buy safe, non-toxic products, retailers are standing by, happily providing you with whatever toxic stuff their store happens to sell.
So what can a person do to keep their liver in optimum health? It’s not too hard to make changes that affect the health of your liver, but they take a commitment from you. The liver is an organ that works hard, so you have to think about it in terms of needing breaks throughout the day; and every now and then, you might think about giving it a day off of work.
- Upon rising, drink an 8-oz. glass of warm water with the juice of 1/2 to one full fresh lemon. Do it before your coffee and breakfast. This amazing concoction will help balance pH, aid in digestion and elimination, help your immune system, and it hydrate your lymph system. It is a simple thing that will take a few minutes of your time, but it will make a huge difference in your life.
- Reduce your alcohol intake. When alcohol reaches the liver, it produces a toxic enzyme called acetaldehyde, which can damage liver cells and cause permanent scarring. It also harms the brain and stomach lining.
- Eat liver friendly foods like broccoli, oats, salmon, almonds, blueberries, grapefruit, lemons, kidney beans, tea, soybeans, spinach, pumpkin, and vegetable juices.
- Add herbs to your foods. Milk thistle, dandelion root, burdock root, artichoke, and turmeric can all help to detox the liver assisting enzymes flush out dietary carcinogens.
- Drink your meals. Give your liver a break by drinking fresh juices for a meal, or even a day.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of fresh water each day.
- Take a detox bath. Add two cups of epsom salt and a few drops of essential oil to your very hot bath. Soak in it for 20 minutes, while you meditate and tell you liver to “smile,” because you love it! God bless!